Plaster of Paris with mica pigment

Candlesticks
I’ve been experimenting colouring my plaster of Paris candlesticks with mica pigment. That’s the stuff sold for making soap, cosmetics & candles. The results are very pleasing. I’m adding 5% pigment by dry weight to the plaster before adding plaster…

Another candlestick design

Candlestick
This is a shorter version of the candlestick I made a couple of weeks ago. The design is similar, a little shorter. I also noticed that, viewed head-on, the cup of the original design didn’t look attached to the stem,…

3D Printed candlestick project

I designed this candlestick in SketchUP and my 3D printer is printing part of the mould as I type. The candlestick is designed to fit 50mm diameter candles. When all the parts are printed I will cast cast candlesticks in…

3d printed printing press

3d Printed Printing Press
I printed this mini press from the design by the Open Press project. It will print up to about 6cm wide. I plan to do some dry point etching in plastic plates designed for the purpose. I’ll have to wait…

More paintings

I have used some gold coloured paint in these two and I’m planning at least one more painting using gold. The obvious way to play with the bright colours I’ve been using was to switch to greys. Both are for…